If you’re just starting out, dipping your toes in it or a fully fledge vegan it can sometime be difficult to remember all of the great options there are available. By planning your shopping and making a list you are not only remembering to buy the essentials but you are also going to save yourself a whole lot of money by sticking to your list!
Hear are a list of vegan kitchen essentials to ensure you never miss out on any delicious foods.
- Wholewheat pasta
- Lentil pasta
- Brown rice
- Bulgar wheat
- Rolled oats
- Ground flaxseads (delicious, nutritious egg replacer)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Nutritional yeast
- Soy Sauce (Low sodium)
- Veggie stock
- Wholemeal flour
- Coconut sugar
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Nut butters (Peanut, cashew, almond and hazelnut)
- Coconut nectar (superb honey replacer)
- Tinned tomatoes
- Organic apple sauce (another excellent egg replacer)
- Tinned beans (Only in water)
- Raw cacao powder
- Dried fruits (Goji berries are really high in antioxidants)
- Herbs and spices
- As many veggies you can get!
- Fruits in abundance
- Plant milk-Check out my three easy recipes here!
- Jams-you could also try your hand at some homemade preserves!
- Hummus-also very easy to make yourself if you have time
- Vegan butter
- Raw, dark chocolate (I know it’s not meant to go in the fridge but you can’t beat that delicious crunch of cold chocolate)
- Ice (obviously, to up your smoothie game 100%)
- Bean burgers
- Frozen berries
- Frozen bananas (Hello banana nice cream!)
I’ve also enjoyed batch cooking. If you have a day in the house try making multiple meals, portioning them out and leaving them to cool down, pop them in the freezer with a label of what they are and when they were made. This way you always have a meal to hand, and can avoid ordering takeaways or buying ready meals. Much healthier, much cheaper and much kinder to the planet!